“To organize, train, equip, maintain and provide forces in order to conduct prompt and sustained air operations to accomplish the AFP mission.”
A professional and competent Air Force responsive to national security and development.
- Organize, train and equip forces for prompt and sustained air operations for the defense of the Philippines;
- Organize, train and equip forces for airlift, airborne and tactical air operations unilaterally or in coordination with surface forces;
- Formulate and develop doctrines, concepts, systems, policies, procedures, strategies, tactics and techniques for operations peculiar to the Air Force;
- Organize, train and equip all Air Force reserve units; and
- Perform such other functions as may be provided by law or assigned by higher authority.