The Philippine Air Force under the leadership of the Commanding General, Philippine Air Force LTGEN ALLEN T PAREDES AFP, through the 355th Aviation Engineer Wing in collaboration with the Armed Forces of the Philippines, WTA Architecture and Design Studio, and other stakeholders, completed another Emergency Quarantine Facilities for COVID-19 patients.
Seven (7) EQFs were successfully constructed in various locations within and outside Metro Manila which commenced on March 30, 2020:
• 15-bed capacity EQF at AFP Health Service Command, V-Luna, Quezon City (March 30 – April 22, 2020);
• 16-bed capacity EQF at Fernando Air Base Hospital in Lipa City, Batangas (April 06 – 13, 2020);
• 15-bed capacity EQF at Bulacan Medical Center in Malolos, Bulacan (April 07 – 13, 2020);
• 7-bed capacity EQF at Sacred Heart Hospital in Malolos, Bulacan (April 07 – 13, 2020);
• 15-bed capacity EQF at La Consolacion University General Hospital in Plaridel, Bulacan (April 14 – 23 2020);
• 15-bed capacity EQF at Air Force General Hospital, Colonel Jesus Villamor Air Base in Pasay City (April 16 – 25 2020);
• 15-bed capacity EQF at Emmanuel Hospital in San Miguel, Bulacan (April 16 – 25 2020); and,
• 15-bed capacity EQF at Baliwag Malasakit Center in Baliwag, Bulacan (April 23 – 29 2020)
The EQFs were made of good lumber, polypropylene sheet, and roof insulator. It was composed of doctors’ and nurses’ lounge, disinfection and sanitation area, bathrooms, and shower room.
The EQF is designed to help decongest hospitals and accommodate suspected and probable cases of COVID-19 mass testing. Beneficiary hospitals will serve as the caretakers of the said facility.
The prompt construction of EQF serves as one of the PAF's main efforts in support of the whole-of-nation approach in the fight against COVID-19. The dedication and skills of the PAF personnel is a commitment to protect our fellow countrymen from the threat of the unseen enemy.