The 220th Airlift Wing of the Philippine Air Force celebrated its 42nd Founding Anniversary with the theme: “220th Airlift Wing sa Ika-apatnaput Dalawa: Matayog na Paglipad at Masikhay na Paglilingkod para sa Kapayapaan, Kalayaan at Kaunlaran ng Bayan” on June 01, 2015 at BGEN Benito N Ebuen Air Base, Lapu-lapu City, with LTGEN JEFFREY F DELGADO AFP, the CG,PAF as Guest of Honor and Speaker.
Highlighted in the event was the presentation of awards to outstanding units and personnel of 220th Airlift Wing. The Wing Commander, 220th Airlift Wing, BGEN JOSE G MIRANDILLA JR AFP assisted the CG, PAF in presenting the streamers and plaques of recognition to the following awardees:
- 222ND AIRLIFT SQUADRON as Tactical Squadron of the Year;
- 471ST FIELD AND DEPOT MAINTENANCE SQUADRON as Support Squadron of the Year;
- MAJOR RHANJEE G LAO O-135490 PAF as Officer of the Year;
- MSg Nestor R Patriarca 747084 PAF as Non-Commissioned Officer of the Year;
- AW1C Edleen D Agohayon 874859 PAF as Airman of the Year; and
- Mr Floriano L Lor CE as Civilian Employee of the Year.
Awards of Bronze Cross and Military Merit Medals were also given to deserving personnel in their significant contributions to the accomplishment of the Wing’s mission. These accomplishments include the successful conduct of Maritime Patrol over the West Philippine Sea and the successful conduct of Typhoon Ruby HADR Operations.
Civilian partners who took part in the operation of 220th Airlift Wing were also awarded during the activity. The civilian awardees and their contributions are as follows:
- Sun Pride Foods Incorporated and Hoya Corporation MEPZ-1, for their invaluable support and contribution during the Typhoon ‘’Ruby’’ Relief Operations last December 2014;
- SIA Engineering Philippines, for the invaluable support and contribution to 220th AW through the conduct of Digital Techniques and Electronic Instrument System Seminar for CY 2013-2015; and
- Lufthansa Technik Philippines, for the invaluable support and contribution during the conduct of On-the-Job Training(OJT) of 220th Airlift Wing’s personnel in the aircraft avionics maintenance facility of Lufthansa Technik Philippines.
During his anniversary message, the Wing Commander stressed out how proud he is to work with a team of fine officers, enlisted personnel and civilian employees, who are aware of their purpose and united to journey towards a common direction- mission accomplishment. He noted that the Wing’s accomplishments have already exceeded its program and would not have been possible without the Wing’s hard working personnel. An excellent manifestation of the Wing’s core values: Patience, Strength, Service, Endurance, and Sacrifice.
The Commanding General completed the celebration with an inspiring message. He congratulated all the Awardees and praised their contribution to the Wing and the whole Philippine Air Force. He also commended all the pilots of the Wing who according to him are the best cross-country drivers over the country, day in or day out; the maintenance group who according to him is where the elite of the Air Force belongs; and the support staff and the rest of the 220th Airlift Wing Family with the Wing Commander personally for his passion to get the job done and meet other goals as well. The Commanding General ended his speech with a very strong and inspiring words for the Wing: “..you’ve made people believe in your service. And you’ve made them trust you. Once more you have proven yourselves to be the most reliable, and one of the most innovative in the Air Force. You have no doubt excelled, and in excelling you have become an inspiration to other Units.”
1LT JOSEPH RICHARD P CALMA O-16445 PAF