1. The entwined white laurel leaves underneath a bold white number three – symbolizes the peaceful co-existence needed to build a region of harmony and progress.
2. Blue field Muslim shield with white piping – connotes the color of the Air Force as “Guardian of Philippine Skies” the Muslim shield symbolizes Filipino ethnic and cultural solidarity.
3. Golden Wing – rested on the traditional Air Force tri-colored diamond symbolizes the Headquarters, in support of the government’s pacification efforts, socio-economic development and reconciliation programs in Mindanao.
4. The bold-white numeral three “3”- signifies the operational existence of the 3rd Air Division.
5. Bold-roman letters spelling out the name “Air Division”- connotes its current role as a major PAF Tactical Air Unit in western and eastern Mindanao.