To provide specialized meteorological services, including meteorological observations, forecasts and climatological studies to support the AFP and other government agencies.
1. Tracks and monitors all tropical weather disturbances inside Philippine area of responsibility;
2. Performs meteorological watch in all PAF bases, sites and TOGs including issuance of terminal forecasts;
3. Issues centralized weather forecasts and typhoon warnings;
4. Performs meteorological equipment maintenance and repair;
5. Conducts rainmaking operations;
6. Conducts weather seminars and in-service training; and
7. Performs organizational maintenance on all assigned aircraft;
8. Performs other functions as directed by higher Headquarters.